The President’s words
Ladies and Gentleman,
Welcome on the website of Casamansun Workshop,
This site is dedicated to bring you answers on the workshop Casamansun. This sixth edition is a place to debate with exchanges and meetings on renewable energies, environment, sustainable development in engineering sciences and in innovation.
We will be very pride and enthusiastic to invite you to this 6th edition of Casamansun workshop. We will be pleased to warmly welcome you in accordance of our so-called Senegalese “Téranga” tradition. During this event, we will focus on the high-stakes use of the fossil sources of energy (oil, gas and coal); the destruction of forests which entails a big increase of greenhouse gases (GES) such as the CO2 in the atmosphere. This increase of the concentration of the GES is a major root cause of the global warming and the climate change that we observe and that will likely accelerate if nothing is done.
In front of climate change, the depletion of fossil fuels and their expensive costs, renewable energies are more than ever the alternative to ensuring the global energy transition through sustainable development.
It’s in this context that the Assane Seck University of Ziguinchor organizes the 6th edition of Workshop ” CASAMANSUN “. For that purpose, Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to invite you on this big annual meeting aiming at:
- Strengthen the cooperation relationship between researchers and professionals
- To bring together the scientific communities working in the field of the renewable energies, in the field of the energy efficiency and in the field of the sustainable development
- Create a dynamics of exchanges and sharings of knowledges between academics, companies and politicians
- Raise awareness of students and educational communities about the climate change in the degradation of the environment
- Put in evidence concrete solutions to the problems with which are confronted the governmental authorities, the local populations and non-governmental organizations (NGOS)
Because, the control of the economic and social development of any nation requires the implementation of strong research and development program between Academics laboratories, Industrial company and politicians to allow innovation. By this way, public decision-makers can play completely their role in the resolution of the problems of their outside environment. The science cannot live separated from the civil society, cannot be inward-looking or into a fortress of the academic knowledge.
The steering committee tries to focus Casamasun’2018 on this way with the help of the scientific committee.
No doubt that your participation in this workshop will contribute to this initiative. On my behalf and in those of the committee members of organization of the sixth edition of Casamansun, we invite you and feed a big hope to meet you in green Casamance, attic of Senegal.
Dr Lat Grand NDIAYE
President of Casamansun2018